I landed Finland on dec 13th 2011.Having lots of thoughts about finland,i thought my husband would welcome me to the world of snow like "pudhu vellai mazhai" song from "Roja" movie.But, at last, when i saw finland from the top,when the air hostess announced that "5 minutes for landing", i tried looking down but , all i could see was white.now i came to know whta is snow white!!and when i tried to get don from the flight,it was damn cold!(colder than keeping your hands into freezer).Then my husband caught a taxi and the driver started to head towards home.I was mutely observing my first ride in Finland!I cannot believe my eyes.everywhere there was lumps of snow.I was asking my husband,"will finland remain like this throughout the year?".But my husband told that summers will be like a dream.Finally i reached my house.Then it was around 3.30 pm when i came and at 4:00 pm,it was getting dark.I was astonished and thought something was extremely wrong.But then came to know that sun is awake in Finland only for 6 or 7 hours during winters.From the crowded, lively and busy life in India to calm,quite and boring life at Finland!Such a bigtransition.Then started going out from next day. We dont use a car here,since public vehicles are really very comfortable and cozy.So going out is a big process during winters!Firstly, got to check the bus timetable.Then have to decide which time i can leave. Then have to start getting ready.It takes solid 15 mins to wear winter costume.It was -20 outside and i felt damn cold!In fact i was totally covered except for face.Next day,my husband got me a monkey cap, which covers the entiore face with just 3 holes.2 for eyes and 1 for nose!!!!It seriously looks so funny. Someone out might think i am going to loot a bank.
Next about the shops.The first thing which i noticed on entering the shops was,price!Everything was so costly and when i convert into indian money and calculate,i feel like going back home..But then everything was fresh.And the sort of trust they have in people is unbelievable!we can pick the fruits and for every fruit,there is a number given.we have to measure the weight and press the number of that fruit/vegetable,price tag comes out and we have to paste it on the cover.People do not cheat here and they have trust on each other.
I was at the beginning,hating Finland because of its darkness.I was getting depressed , but then started exploring in the midst of heavy snow.There are really wonderful shopping malls and ofcourse,these are the only places where you can spend during winters.There is an excellent bus service here.There are connectivities to all the places.I really loved it a lot. I got a chance to start learning the language very soon after i came here.At the beginning,i was feeling easy, but as time we started learning advanced level, it was damn difficult. I was wondering "why the hell am i learning this language???:@" . I was afraid to practice the language to the local people initially. Then i started speaking to the shop keepers and bus drivers. I try to frame the question,but its really difficult to understand thier replies:))lol!!
Then we went on a trip to sweden!!awesome place..find it in my next blog about its experience:))
Next about the shops.The first thing which i noticed on entering the shops was,price!Everything was so costly and when i convert into indian money and calculate,i feel like going back home..But then everything was fresh.And the sort of trust they have in people is unbelievable!we can pick the fruits and for every fruit,there is a number given.we have to measure the weight and press the number of that fruit/vegetable,price tag comes out and we have to paste it on the cover.People do not cheat here and they have trust on each other.
I was at the beginning,hating Finland because of its darkness.I was getting depressed , but then started exploring in the midst of heavy snow.There are really wonderful shopping malls and ofcourse,these are the only places where you can spend during winters.There is an excellent bus service here.There are connectivities to all the places.I really loved it a lot. I got a chance to start learning the language very soon after i came here.At the beginning,i was feeling easy, but as time we started learning advanced level, it was damn difficult. I was wondering "why the hell am i learning this language???:@" . I was afraid to practice the language to the local people initially. Then i started speaking to the shop keepers and bus drivers. I try to frame the question,but its really difficult to understand thier replies:))lol!!
Then we went on a trip to sweden!!awesome place..find it in my next blog about its experience:))
No comments:
Post a Comment